- 1-Year Accelerated Program
- Classes are 100% Online
- Learn from Industry Professionals
- ACBSP/Regionally Accredited
Begins August 25!
The business world is becoming increasingly global and mobile. Companies seek out leaders with business knowledge as well as practical experience. The University of Bridgeport’s online Master of Business Administration in Management (MBA) program was created specifically to educate individuals looking to adapt and thrive in an ever-evolving business environment.
Early to Mid-Career Professional Growth
UB's MBA online program provides early to mid-career professionals with the breadth and depth of theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for effective leadership in an increasingly international and dynamic environment. Our innovative, interdisciplinary, and interactive online MBA cohort model emphasizes leadership, teamwork, analytical thinking, competencies, and communication to give you a competitive edge for success.
Students holding a bachelor’s degree in a business related field will be able to complete the online MBA program in just one year. While this short time frame may seem overwhelming to some, UB’s online MBA program gives students breaks between each session giving students the ability to better keep up with personal and professional responsibilities. UB’s online MBA is also one of the most competitively priced programs in the Northeast allowing for maximum Return on Investment (ROI) for the student.
One Year MBA
Students with a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field can earn an MBA in Management online in just one year with:
- A convenient schedule of five, eight-week sessions with two weeks off between each session.
- Class flexibility that allows students to address home and work needs.
- A cohort model that lets students work and learn with other experienced professionals.
- Courses offering face-to-face interaction online with students and professors as well as access to the UB campus if needed.
- A diverse student body offering a global perspective on the business world.
- Faculty with professional experience.
- In-demand courses such as International Issues and Entrepreneurship.
- Capstone experiences that put academic knowledge into practice.
- An academically rigorous ACBSP accredited program that spurs innovation for entrepreneurs.
Tuition & Fees
The University of Bridgeport offers an MBA from an accredited institution for under $26,000.
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Bridgeport
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Schedule & Course Sequence
The University of Bridgeport's online MBA program is offered through eight-week sessions with breaks in-between. By offering courses year-round, students can start the online MBA program at almost any time and complete the program within one year.
Please note: MBA students may be required to take additional prerequisite courses based on previous academic history.
|Fall I||-||August 25|
|Fall II||-||October 27|
MBA Sample Course Sequence
MGMT-505: Organizational Behavior
MKTG-505: Marketing and Research Methods
ITKM-505: Information Systems & Knowledge Management
ACCT-505: Managerial and Cost Accounting
FIN-505: Advanced Financial Management and Policy
MGMT-511: Human Resources Management
MGMT-539: International Issues
MGMT-555: Global Program and Project Management
Programs and projects with a focus on high quality deliverables: arriving on time, within budget,
within scope, and to the customer’s satisfaction. Areas covered will include program and project
management life cycle phases, executive sponsorship, portfolio investment management selection and prioritization, requirements, scope and project charters, planning, development, estimating, staffing, leadership, scheduling, risk management, change management, project metrics, vendor integration and management and other related topics. This course is based on current and emerging best practices and principles. Project Management certification requirements and real world case studies are discussed.
MGMT-582: Small Business and Entrepreneurship
BUCP-597: Policy and Strategy
The MBA in Management online curriculum is designed to recognize and accommodate the diversity of preparation and experience, as well as different goals and career expectations of students.
Some students with undergraduate preparation in a non-business field may be required to complete up to 24 credits of prerequisite coursework to successfully graduate from the 30-credit MBA program. Students with a strong academic record from an accredited business college may be able to waive equivalent prerequisite foundation courses.
Acquiring the Foundation for Success (up to 27 Credits)
This coursework provides the basic fundamentals across the business disciplines that serve as a necessary foundation for the MBA program.
- Business Communication (required for international students)
- Business Law & Ethics
- Information Systems
The MBA Online Curriculum (total of 30 credits) consists of 3 components:
1. Core Courses (15 credits)
In the five core courses you will apply the theory from the foundation coursework through cases and real-world exercises.
- Managerial Cost Accounting
- Advanced Financial Management
- Information Systems & Knowledge Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Marketing & Research Methods
2. Management Concentration Courses (9 credits)
3. Capstone Courses (6 credits)
The capstone experience provides the final integration of student learning across the disciplines and the application of concepts learned to practical and competitive situations.
- Strategy & Policy
- Internship or
- Thesis or
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship Course
The online MBA in Management teaches the management principles required to plan, build, and run a successful and ethical enterprise. Students learn the leadership skills that enable them to work effectively with people within an organization.
The MBA online program:
- Enables the manager to build and manage teams to solve business problems.
- Emphasizes employee motivation and the overall management of people and organizational systems.
- Prepares the student for managerial positions in business, government and nonprofit organizations across industries.
See more School of Business Faculty >
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University
M.B.A., University of Connecticut
B.S., Fairfield University
|Office: Mandeville Hall 304|
Assistant Professor of Management
Ph.D., Hofstra University
M.A., University of New Haven
B.A., The College of New Jersey
|Office: Mandeville Hall, 206|