Online Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice
The BS in Criminal Justice online degree program is an accelerated program that is designed to give students a thorough understanding of all aspects of the criminal justice system. Students will learn about the role of technology in forensics and criminal justice, how the corrections system works, how the courts work with law enforcement, and criminal justice theory.
- 7-week accelerated online semester format
- NGO status
- 6 start dates
Courses are offered in a 7-week online accelerated format. A total of 120 credits are required for graduation. UB holds NGO status with the UN Department of Global Communications and is part of the UN Academic Impact Initiative.
Purpose and Objectives
- To introduce the essential elements of criminal justice and provide the academic preparation needed for careers related to criminal justice, crime prevention, and law enforcement in an increasingly global society.
- To explore the role played in criminal behavior by socioeconomic inequities and societal injustice, resulting from domestic and non-domestic events.
- To explore implications of non-state actors for international crime and justice, in such areas as norm creation, deviance, terrorism, and crime prevention.
- To identify the role played by religious, ideological, and cultural views; ethnic and tribal identities; and inequality of power and privilege in rationalizing criminal behavior.
- To develop an integrated Criminal Justice program that draws upon existing programs in sociology, political economy, mass communication, and world religions.
- To prepare students for admission to graduate study in Criminal Justice programs and for careers in domestic and international security
- To prepare students with the skills necessary for a career or further education in the fields of Criminal Justice.
- Law Enforcement
- Corrections Officer
- Probation Officer
- Private Security
- Social Services
- Compliance Manager
- ATF Agent
- CIA Agent
- Coast Guard Officer
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Customs Agent
- DEA Agent
- FBI Agent
- INS Agent
- Police Officer
- Secret Service
- U.S. Marshall
Air University Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative
The Air University (AU) Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative (ABC) program is a partnership between the Air Force and civilian higher education institutions to offer Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) graduates with opportunities to earn their bachelor's degree. University of Bridgeport is proud to participate through our Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Online program. The partnership is designed to advance the education of active duty or retired Air Force, Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard members.