UB International Admissions
Your future begins at UB!
At the University of Bridgeport, we are truly a reflecting pool of the world. Founded in 1927, we are a private, non-sectarian university. We are located in the state of Connecticut, just one hour away from New York City. Our close proximity to the largest financial center in the world gives our International students access to plentiful job opportunities including internships in New York.
With approximately 20% of our student population being comprised of International Students, we have been recognized as being among the Top 10 Most Diverse Schools in the country. At UB, our global character creates an environment where you can learn and live in an international environment that is reflective of the real world in the 21st century.
Lifelong Relationships and Personal Growth
Our highly-regarded and diverse faculty come from some of the most prestigious academic and professional backgrounds. Giving you personal attention both in and out of the classroom, your professors will quickly become your not only your instructor, but your lifelong professional mentor.
EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department‘s network of over 400 advising centers in 170 countries designed to assist local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. Click on the logo to find your center!
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
Celebrate your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, current students, families, faculty, staff, and friends of the University of Bridgeport
are invited to join us for a weekend full of fun social, academic, and athletic events!
Stay tuned for updates or follow us at Facebook.com/UBridgeport!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Take advantage of a special $5 off early bird rate now through August 31, 2016!
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 14
- 6:00 p.m. Pep Rally
Saturday, October 15
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival/Greek Row
- 10:00 a.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Engineering Carnival
- 11:00 a.m. College of Chiropractic Facilities Tours
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon with the Dean of Students
- 12:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 1:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 6:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 8:00 p.m. Young Alumni Black Rock Bash
Sunday, October 16
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Sunday Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 11:00 a.m. Music Alumni Brunch
- 1:00 p.m. Alumni Jam Session
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
More information: Homecoming@Bridgeport.edu
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Homecoming Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 10/1/16. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Homecoming Weekend at UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $124 room rate will be offered until 9/23/16. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport Homecoming Weekend room block or make a reservation online (discount rate is applied automatically).
The UB Shuttle will be making continuous loops from the Bridgeport Holiday Inn to and from the UB campus on Saturday, October 15 from 10am-10pm. Also on Saturday, from 7:30pm-10:00pm, there will be an added stop at the Crafty Monk on Fairfield Ave. to transport attendees to the Young Alumni Black Rock Bash!