Secondary Education Master’s Degree
If you are looking to teach students grades 7-12, we encourage you to explore our initial teacher certification program for secondary education. You can complete the MS in Secondary Education degree program as either an intern or a traditional student, whichever works best with your busy lifestyle.
University of Bridgeport offers a variety of Secondary Education master’s degree program options to pursue:
- History and Social Studies
- Music (PK-12)
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, General Science and Physics)
- Remedial Reading and Remedial Language Arts, 1-12
Each will prepare students who have a strong content knowledge in these areas for successful teaching careers.
As a Secondary Education MS degree program candidate, you may take coursework at any of our two locations, Bridgeport or Waterbury; however, a few courses may only be offered in Bridgeport.
*If you already have a master’s degree, you can complete the program at a Sixth Year Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) level. This program is offered at our main Bridgeport campus, as well as the Waterbury Center location.
Download your very own
How to become a Teacher in CT guide
We’ve prepared a special guide just for you.
Apply with confidence
Sign up for a free TEACH Connecticut account to apply to our program like a pro.
- Interactive application checklist to keep you on track.
- $100 fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
- 1-on-1 expert advice for any question along the way.
- How-to guides for eligibility, applications, testing and finances.