Minor in Modern Languages
The University of Bridgeport offers a minor in the following Modern Languages:
Why study a foreign language?
- Mastery of a foreign language allows you to serve as a bridge between civilizations.
- Mastery of a foreign language expands your career opportunities.
- Mastery of a foreign language increases the likelihood that you will be needed to travel the world to represent your country, your workplace and the causes that interest you.
- Especially in the United States we need more young people to master the so-called less commonly taught languages such as Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Arabic.
- Language classes are kept small to allow interaction between you and your professors.
Overseas study is encouraged and can be arranged through the Study Abroad Office, which is located in the College of Public and International Affairs.