The University of Bridgeport is a non-profit university, home to a diverse student and faculty body from over 45 states and 80 countries who are united by a shared commitment to career readiness, innovation, and a supportive, challenging learning environment.
Type of Institution:
UB's 60-acre campus is located on the scenic Long Island Sound in southwest Connecticut, just 1.5 hours from New York City.
Students are accepted directly into majors.
Total Costs for the 2020-21 Academic Year:
Tuition and Fees – $35,000
Room and Board – $17,000
Total Undergraduate Enrollment:
More than 2,740
- Priority deadline for completing FAFSA applications is December 1. (UB School Code: 001416)
- Percentage of Students Receiving Financial Aid: 99%
- Average Financial Aid Package:
- Institutional Aid: $23,947
- Total Aid: $28,429
UB Guarantee ensures that first-time, full-time domestic freshman students residing on campus are awarded $10,000 per year, or $5,000 per year for commuter students who live within a 30-mile radius of campus. All full-time domestic transfer students are awarded $7,500 per year. The UB Guarantee is valid for four academic years or eight semesters and is directly applied to tuition. In addition, the University provides merit-based scholarships up to $20,000.
- Male (36%) / Female (64%)
- Undergraduate (60%) / Graduate (40%)
Enrollment by race/ethnicity:
|Black or African American||30.2%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||1%|
|Two or more races||1%|
|Nonresidential alien (international)||9%|
According to U.S. News & World Report, the University of Bridgeport ranks among the U.S.’s top Colleges and Universities in each of the following areas:
- Ranked as one of the Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs - National Universities
- 39th Most Ethnically Diverse National University
- 119th Best National University for Top Performers on Social Mobility
- Money ranked the University of Bridgeport as one of the Best Colleges in America.
- The University of Bridgeport earned Bronze in the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Diversity Recognition Program.
- PayScale ranked the University of Bridgeport #42 in their annual College Salary Report for 2-year degree programs.
- The University of Bridgeport is the only CT University in the Doctoral/Professional STEM-Focused category - Carnegie Classification.
- The University of Bridgeport is ranked in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- ADT ranked the University of Bridgeport the #1 Safest Campus in Connecticut.
Clubs and Activities
The University of Bridgeport offers more than 60 active clubs and organizations, including co-ed intramural sports, fraternities and sororities.
The University of Bridgeport is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. The University also is accredited by the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Department of Higher Education.
|Student Clubs and Organizations||60|
|Varsity Sports (NCAA Division II)||11|
|School Colors||Purple and White|
- Average incoming GPA for freshman is 3.23
- Average incoming GPA for transfer students is 3.08
- Academic Support Services offers tutoring, group study sessions, study-skills workshops, and other valuable services to ensure student success.
- Health Services offers high-quality, outpatient ambulatory care for the treatment of acute illness and injuries. It also offers health education, preventive health screening, health promotion programs, and immunizations.
- Counseling Services offers a private and confidential atmosphere for students to sort out their personal worries and concerns about college life or life in general.
- The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, as well as state and local government, offers a number of educational assistance programs for veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents. Read more in our Veteran's Student Guide.
LiveSafe Emergency and Tip App
LiveSafe is the personal UB security and information phone application for all students, faculty and staff. It is available for Android and iPhone devices. LiveSafe allows the user to send tips and messages to Campus Security, share locations with friends or family, locate buildings on campus and access emergency services and preparedness information.
The information is easy to obtain directly from your hand-held device by scrolling through the information tabs provided and opening the tab to reach Campus Security while on campus or 911/police when off-campus. Other information available is the SafeWalk feature where the user can allow a family member or friend to follow you on the application to ensure the safe arrival to the destination of your choice. If you are looking for a specific building on campus, the LiveSafe application can give walking or driving directions from wherever you are to the university destination address you choose.
Emergency Broadcast System
The University of Bridgeport has established an Emergency Broadcast System through LiveSafe. LiveSafe will allow the University of Bridgeport to transmit messages to users, informing them of an event that may have a direct impact on health or safety.