The University of Bridgeport is home to a diverse student and faculty body from over 45 states and 80 countries who are united by a shared commitment to career readiness, innovation, and a supportive, challenging learning environment.
Type of Institution:
UB's 56-acre campus is located on the scenic Long Island Sound in southwest Connecticut, just an hour from New York City.
Rolling admissions, students are accepted directly into majors.
Total Costs for the 2018-19 Academic Year:
Tuition and Fees – $30,915.00
Room and Board – $13,320.00
Total Undergraduate Enrollment:
More than 2,930
- Priority deadline for completing FAFSA applications is December 1. (UB School Code: 001416)
- Percentage of Students Receiving Financial Aid: 96%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $24,000
- Merit Scholarships range from $8,000 to $22,000 per year and are renewable for four years
- Male (40%) / Female (60%)
- Undergraduate (58%) / Graduate (42%)
Enrollment by race/ethnicity:
|Black or African American||24%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||1%|
|Two or more races||1%|
|Nonresidential alien (international)||23%|
According to U.S. News and World Report, the University of Bridgeport ranks among the U.S.’s top Colleges and Universities in each of the following areas:
- 3rd highest in the region for percentage of international students
- 17th highest in the region for most ethnically diverse student body
- 24th highest in the region for the amount of need-based aid awarded
- 43rd in the region for smallest class sizes (percentage of classes with fewer than 20 students)
In addition, the “Student Loan Report” ranks the University of Bridgeport the fourth lowest among universities in the state of Connecticut for student loan debt.
“The Best Schools” ranks the University of Bridgeport fourth in the state for “Best Online Colleges.”
Clubs and Activities
The University of Bridgeport offers more than 50 active clubs and organizations, including co-ed intramural sports, fraternities and sororities.
The University of Bridgeport is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. The University also is accredited by the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Department of Higher Education.
|Student Clubs and Organizations||50|
|Varsity Sports (NCAA Division II)||11|
|School Colors||Purple and White|
- Average incoming GPA for freshman is 3.04
- Average incoming GPA for transfer students is 3.08
|Number of Faculty Members||526|
|Average Class Size||17|
- The Academic Resource Center offers tutoring, group study sessions, study-skills workshops, and other valuable services to ensure student success.
- Student Health Services offers high-quality, outpatient ambulatory care for the treatment of acute illness and injuries. It also offers health education, preventive health screening, health promotion programs, and immunizations.
- Counseling Services offers a private and confidential atmosphere for students to sort out their personal worries and concerns about college life or life in general.
LiveSafe Emergency and Tip App
LiveSafe is the personal UB security and information phone application for all students, faculty and staff. It is available for Android and iPhone devices. LiveSafe allows the user to send tips and messages to Campus Security, share locations with friends or family, locate buildings on campus and access emergency services and preparedness information.
The information is easy to obtain directly from your hand-held device by scrolling through the information tabs provided and opening the tab to reach Campus Security while on campus or 911/police when off-campus. Other information available is the SafeWalk feature where the user can allow a family member or friend to follow you on the application to ensure the safe arrival to the destination of your choice. If you are looking for a specific building on campus, the LiveSafe application can give walking or driving directions from wherever you are to the university destination address you choose.
Emergency Broadcast System
The University of Bridgeport has established an Emergency Broadcast System through LiveSafe. LiveSafe will allow the University of Bridgeport to transmit messages to users, informing them of an event that may have a direct impact on health or safety.