University of Bridgeport is a non-profit university, home to a diverse student and faculty body from over 45 states and 80 countries who are united by a shared commitment to career readiness, innovation, and a supportive, challenging learning environment.
Type of Institution:
UB's 56-acre campus is located on the scenic Long Island Sound in southwest Connecticut, just 1.5 hours from New York City.
Total Undergraduate Enrollment:
Students are accepted directly into majors.
Total Costs for the 2020-21 Academic Year:
Tuition and Fees – $35,000
Room and Board – $17,000
- Priority deadline for completing FAFSA applications is March 1. (UB School Code: 001416)
- Percentage of Students Receiving Financial Aid: 99%
- Average Financial Aid Package:
- Institutional Aid: $23,947
- Total Aid: $28,429
Total Enrollment: 3,563
- Male (32%) / Female (68%)
- Undergraduate (53%) / Graduate (47%)
|Enrollment by race/ethnicity|
|Asian or Pacific Islander||5%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||<1%|
|Non-Resident Alien (International)||10%|
LiveSafe Emergency and Tip App
LiveSafe is the personal UB security and information phone application for all students, faculty and staff. It is available for Android and iPhone devices. LiveSafe allows the user to send tips and messages to Campus Security, share locations with friends or family, locate buildings on campus and access emergency services and preparedness information.
The information is easy to obtain directly from your hand-held device by scrolling through the information tabs provided and opening the tab to reach Campus Security while on campus or 911/police when off-campus. Other information available is the SafeWalk feature where the user can allow a family member or friend to follow you on the application to ensure the safe arrival to the destination of your choice. If you are looking for a specific building on campus, the LiveSafe application can give walking or driving directions from wherever you are to the university destination address you choose.
Emergency Broadcast System
The University of Bridgeport has established an Emergency Broadcast System through LiveSafe. LiveSafe will allow the University of Bridgeport to transmit messages to users, informing them of an event that may have a direct impact on health or safety.
The University of Bridgeport is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education. The University also is accredited by the Connecticut Office of Higher Education.
- Student Clubs and Organizations: 60+
- Varsity Sports (NCAA Division II): 11
- Mascot: Purple Knight
- School Colors: Purple and White
- Average incoming GPA for first-year students: 3.23
- Average incoming GPA for transfer students: 3.08
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- Number of Faculty Members: 425
- Full-Time: 132
- Part-Time: 293
- Average Class Size: 10
Outcomes & Pass Rates
- Academic Support Services offers tutoring, group study sessions, study-skills workshops, and other valuable services to ensure student success.
- Student Health Services offers high-quality, outpatient ambulatory care for the treatment of acute illness and injuries. It also offers health education, preventive health screening, health promotion programs, and immunizations.
- Counseling Services offers a private and confidential atmosphere for students to sort out their personal worries and concerns about college life or life in general.
- The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, as well as state and local government, offers a number of educational assistance programs for veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents. Read more in our Veteran Student Guide.