Online. On Purpose.
The University of Bridgeport has been offering online degree programs since 1997. As the first university to offer an online master’s program in the state of Connecticut, we are proud of our rich history and tradition in online learning. With a commitment to student success, we offer programs designed for today's busy student including undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs in a number of disciplines. Many of our programs have received recognition from U.S. News and World Report.
Online Student Advising and Support
Upon acceptance into a University of Bridgeport distance learning program, you will be assigned a dedicated academic advisor who will guide you through your academic journey—from acceptance to graduation.
As your advisors, we strive to:
- Create an atmosphere of listening and understanding in partnership with you
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with you on the phone, through email and/or in person
- Enable you to take ownership of your course selection, academic resources, career development, and other opportunities while a student at the University
- Collaborate with departments throughout the University of Bridgeport to support your success
- Advocate for all online students and work to improve systems and processes to create a seamless student experience for you
- Empower you to complete your program and become a proud graduate of the University