About the B.A. in Performing Arts: Theatre
Come and build the future! The University of Bridgeport is pleased to announce the launch of this new program, which is now beginning to enroll students for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020! We are seeking students who want to be a part of shaping the future—of theater at UB and of the many professions within the performing arts!
The University of Bridgeport’s College of Arts and Sciences’s B.A. in Performing Arts: Theatre offers students the opportunity to build skills and understandings for success in the performing arts and in anywhere life takes you. Students will hone their skills in acting, technical theater, dramatic literature, and more in productions and in the classroom. In doing this, they cultivate project management, collaboration, poise, confidence, presentation skills, and public speaking ability—all abilities which serve you well in any profession. Ongoing relationships with several nearby regional professional theatres and UB’s close proximity to New York City offer great opportunities for motivated students.
- Study theater with our renowned artist faculty of seasoned professionals.
- Our location in Fairfield County, near New York, New Haven, Providence, and Boston gives us access to high-quality faculty and internship sites and affords students the opportunity to be taught by accomplished professionals from a variety of perspectives. Students can capitalize on our location to see a wide variety of quality performances, and access observation and internship sites.
- Additionally, students can capitalize on our location to see a wide variety of quality performances, and access observation and internship sites.
- Perform in our 935-seat theater with full fly space, ample backstage, and full orchestra pit.
- Make connections with our programs in Music, English, Mass Communication, and other fields.
- Since the B.A. requires 44 credits in the major, consider completing a second major or a minor in one of these fields, or another area, as part of your studies.
- Gain the foundation for a successful career in the performing arts, building on our long history of educating performing arts professionals. UB has been forming professional musicians since 1947, and theatrical professionals since 1960.