Outcomes & Careers
Our Mechanical Engineering Graduates will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics [Complex Problems]
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors [Design]
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences [Communication]
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts [Ethics]
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives [Teamwork]
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions [Experiments]
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies [Lifelong Learning]
Enter a Growing Field with Confidence
Mechanical engineering is the broadest and most diverse engineering discipline, providing the skills to work in almost every industry that needs the design and manufacture of parts, devices, or systems.
The need for mechanical engineers is great and continuously rising in industries such as aerospace, automotive, biomedical, defense, electronics, robotics, power-generation, sports, and telecommunications. Attaining a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) degree opens the door to professional opportunities in local industries and research laboratories within the tri-state area (Connecticut, New York, New Jersey) and throughout the USA.
Become an engineer in...
- Energy & Sustainability
- Mechanical Design
Preparation for Future Studies and Licensure Opportunities
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree program, you will be eligible to apply for the Professional Engineer’s license in the state of Connecticut. More information may be found at the CT Department of Consumer Protection website. You may also elect to pursue further studies in mechanical engineering or related fields. University of Bridgeport’s School of Engineering offers the following graduate degrees in which you may continue your engineering education: