Industry Advisory Board
One of UB’s primary objectives is to establish more formal Industry Advisory Boards (IABs) at the School levels (Business, Engineering, etc.) and at the Graduate Studies and Research Division level. The intent is to expand UB’s outreach initiatives and activities with local and regional community, industry, and government organizations and leaders.
The purpose of the IABs is to have external industry, government, and regional community members provide independent external advice, counsel, and support to the Graduate Studies and Research Division, select UB schools and programs, and help the division and schools fulfill their missions and objectives.
Role of the IAB
- Provide external advice and counsel to the Graduate Studies and Research Division, and select schools on their respective programs and initiatives, from an industry and market perspective.
- Help shape the direction of education by suggesting ideas for new courses, degree and certificate programs, and interdisciplinary initiatives.
- Provide industry participation and validation for new degree and certificate programs as well as periodic accreditation and reaccreditation reviews by external agencies (to facilitate the review of university and specific school accreditation and licensing agency requirements).
- Support institutional and sponsored research through grants, contributions, joint collaborations, and related services.
- Hire student interns, co-ops, and graduates.
- Increase the visibility and image of UB and promote UB to potential students, employers, government agencies, businesses, and industry.
- Assist with fundraising activities and/or in-kind service activities such as equipment/hardware/software, donations, and time allocated to UB activities.
- Champion and support programs to attract potential donors, partners, and friends.
- Serve as a liaison between UB and IAB member organizations by communicating developments at the university and assisting UB to coordinate promotional events at IAB member locations.
AeroTech Engineering Consultants
Angel Investor Forum
Bridgeport Economic Development Corporation
Bridgeport Regional Business Council
Clarion Partners LLC
CT Small Business Development Center
District New Haven
eRichards Consulting, LLC
Fund Forensics, LLC
Housatonic Community College
Kubtec Medical Imaging
National Express TV
Northeast Community Innovation Corporation
Ohlandt, Greeley, Ruggiero & Perle, L.L.P.
Plante Solutions LLC
Pratt & Whitney
Pullman & Comley LLC
Standard Oil of Connecticut, Inc.
State of Connecticut
Young America Capital, LLC
Ziegler IP Law