Technology Commercialization Group
The mission of the Technology Commercialization Group (TCG) is to expedite and facilitate the transformation of UB and UB partner discoveries into products and services that benefits industry, society and the Connecticut economy.
There is a logical order to ideas as they take shape, evolve into inventions and move forward to commercialization. The TCG guides this process. TCG is often the first stop for inventors seeking to advance new ideas and products. TCG helps manage intellectual property created at the UB.
The TCG offers the following services:
- Filling for Patents and Trademarks
- Mentoring and coaching on tech transfer and commercialization services
- Guidance on intellectual property protection
- Invention evaluation, feasibility and potential patentability
- Invention disclosure form – This form is completed by UB inventors and submitted for potential patent evaluation and commercial potential recommendations to the Technology Transfer Office
- Licensing assistance
Complete the Invention disclosure form if you have an idea that you would like evaluated by the TCG.
Sherri Dente, Esq.
Director of Technology Transfer and Venture Creation