Academic Scholarships for International Students
The Academic Merit Scholarships are offered to international students to encourage academic excellence and student leadership and to continue UB’s tradition of enrolling a “Community of Scholars” from around the world. Scholarships are available to qualified undergraduate and graduate students.
The following financial resources are particularly helpful for UB’s international students:
- Fastweb is the premier online resource for paying and preparing for college.
- EduPass provides information for international students who are thinking about pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or professional education in the United States. It also contains material of interest to international students who are already in the United States. There is also some information for international students who are interested in studying in countries other than the US, but the focus is on higher education in the US.
- The Rowe Fund is the student loan program of the Organization of American States. It awards interest-free loans to qualified persons from Latin America and Caribbean OAS member countries to help finance graduate, postgraduate, and the final two years of undergraduate studies at accredited universities within the United States.
- International Financial Aid and College Scholarship Search (IEFA) is the premier resource for financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for US and international students wishing to study abroad. At this site, you will find the most comprehensive college scholarship search and grant listings plus international student loan programs and other information to promote study abroad.
- Credelia Financial Services Education Loan | Students applying for a loan from Credelia must be a resident of India. Students can apply online.
- Affordable Colleges Online is an online resource that provides information for international students researching universities who offer online courses.
Graduate Scholarships for International Students
We are very pleased to announce that the University of Bridgeport launched a new international graduate scholarship program for incoming international graduate students.
The details are as follows:
- Qualified applicants to the MBA Program, all graduate programs in the College of Public and International Affairs, and all graduate programs in our School of Engineering are eligible for this award.
- All applicants will automatically be considered for a scholarship when they send in the University of Bridgeport international application and all admissions materials. No additional form is needed.
- Students who wish to be considered for a scholarship must submit a TOEFL / IELTS score and a GRE or GMAT score.
- There are three award amounts: $3,000, $4,000 and $5,000. This award is based on the student’s academic achievement and test scores.
- The scholarship will be for the international student’s first year of study, split equally between the first two semesters.
- All graduate students with a scholarship must take 9 credits per semester.
You will find that the University of Bridgeport is one of the few universities in the United States with a combination of quality academic programs and affordable cost. Visit our Tuition and Fees section to see how this award would impact your overall cost.
If you would like for us to send you more information about UB, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Scholarship Opportunities for Qualified Undergraduate International Students
The University of Bridgeport understands the importance of affordability when pursuing an education. UB offers special opportunities for incoming international undergraduate students to receive academic scholarships to help them pay for their studies:
General Academic Scholarships
Academic scholarships are available to first year applicants seeking an associate or a bachelor degree. All awards are renewable yearly based on satisfactory academic achievement and good standing at the University of Bridgeport. All incoming undergraduate international students are automatically considered for these scholarship awards once all application materials are received by the specified deadlines:
- Spring deadline: December 1
- Fall deadline: July 15
Academic scholarships range from $5,000 to $20,000 per academic year, and are based on academic excellence and English proficiency. No separate application form is required to be considered for these scholarships.
Amount per Year
|Deans Achievement Scholarship||$10,000|
|Academic Achievement Grant||$5,000|
Note: Students who receive partial scholarships are required to pay the remaining costs, not covered by their scholarships, upon their arrival to the University of Bridgeport. **International undergraduate students who wish to apply for an athletic scholarship must take the SAT Examination. The Department of Athletics at the University of Bridgeport offers athletic grants (scholarships) to those individuals who demonstrate superior athletic abilities and meet the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and University of Bridgeport regulations for eligibility. Prospective international undergraduate students can obtain further information about the athletics department and the athletic grants by e-mailing the appropriate coaches.
Transfer Student Scholarships
Academic scholarships are available to transfer students seeking an associate or a bachelor degree. All awards are renewable yearly based on satisfactory academic achievement and good standing at the University of Bridgeport.
- Spring deadline: December 1
- Fall deadline: July 15
Transfer Academic scholarships are awarded up to $18,000 per academic year. No separate application form is required to be considered for these scholarships.