Financial Aid for Prospective Students
Throughout our history, we have established a firm belief that the high-quality and personalized experience promised at the University of Bridgeport should never be out of reach for anyone. In fact, approximately 96 percent of our students receive financial assistance in the form of student loans, scholarships, grants, and work-study programs.
How to apply for Financial Aid
- Apply to UB
- You must include your social security number on your Admission’s Application if you want to be considered for federal or state aid.*
- Apply for a FSA ID
- Students under the age of 24 will need to have a parent also obtain a FSA ID. (Orphaned or legal wards of the court are excluded.)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- UB’s school code is 001416
- The FAFSA is available on October 1st each year for the next academic year.
- Please check the email you receive after the FAFSA completion to ensure your FAFSA was cleared for US citizenship and/or other issues. Financial aid cannot be awarded on rejected FAFSAs.
- The FAFSA must be completed every year!
- When the Student Financial Services Office is notified that you are admitted to the University and we receive your completed FAFSA, you will be sent a Financial Aid Award Letter in the mail.
- Apply for Additional UB Scholarships
*International Students may receive merit-based scholarships but are not eligible for federal, state or other need-based grants so do not need to complete the FAFSA.