Financial Aid for Undergraduate Students

The University offers you many different forms of financial aid to ease the financial burden that the cost of your education may pose. 98% of our first time, full-time undergraduate receives financial aid and 96% of all UB students are awarded financial aid. We participate in a variety of federal, state, and private programs that offer loans, grants, scholarships, and other awards to students who demonstrate financial need, superior academic achievement, or other circumstances that may impact their ability to seek an education at the University of Bridgeport.

Apply for Undergraduate Financial Aid

You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for all types of financial aid, including loans.

Here’s How:

  1. Apply for a FSA ID
  2. File your FAFSA online. Note: You will need your parents’ most recent Federal Income Tax Return.
  3. Remember to list the University of Bridgeport school code (001416) on your application. You should file the FAFSA after October 1 and before March 1 to ensure your consideration for all aid programs.

UB offers a number of generous academic scholarship awards. To find out how much you may be eligible for, visit our cost calculator.

We encourage you to contact the experienced, caring professionals in our Student Financial Services office at 203‑576‑4568 or sfs@bridgeport.edu.

Getting Started with Undergraduate Financial Aid

Once you complete your application for admission to the University of Bridgeport, you will automatically be considered for a number of our institutional scholarships and grants. From there, visit www.fafsa.ed.gov and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, which will help you determine your eligibility for a variety of student loans. UB’s FAFSA code is 001416.


Grants are a form of financial assistance based on financial need that one does not need to repay. For grant considerations at the University of Bridgeport, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)* to determine eligibility.



Unlike grants, loans are a form of financial assistance based on financial need that must be repaid. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) or more credits in order to process Federal Loans. The most current interest rates and loan fees can be found at the Federal Student Aid website.



UB offers merit-based academic scholarships to new incoming students. Scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive their scholarship award for the duration of the academic program providing certain conditions are met.


On-Campus Jobs

Student Employment is an opportunity for students at the University of Bridgeport to learn about the work environment while obtaining a degree. Current students apply and search for jobs through the Career Development Office.


All Federal Work-Study students can earn a maximum of $1000 per semester, if eligible. Work-study jobs are preformed on campus only. Once students reach their limit for the semester, they can no longer work, until the following semester. It is the student’s responsibility to keep track of when they will be reaching their limit.

Resident Assistantship/Community Assistantship

Resident and Community Assistantship jobs are compensated with a scholarship that covers room and board. Students interested can contact the Residential Life office at reslife@bridgeport.edu or 203-576-4228.

Payment Plans

Monthly payment plans are available. Students and their families can make payments from their bank account or by credit card through the myUB portal. The interest-free payment plan option can help spread all or part of student’s tuition, room & board, and fees over several equal monthly payments. Payment plan enrollment can be completed via the UB Portal for a fee of $50 each semester.

Paying Your Bill

Contact Student Financial Services

Financial Aid   Request More Information