Types of Aid Available
UB offers merit-based academic scholarships for undergraduate, graduate, and transfer students.Types of Aid
- FAFSA - Students should file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after October 1 as possible, but before March 1 to ensure access to all aid programs. Our Federal School Code is 001416.
- All returning students can access their award letters online by going to Web Advisor.
- New way to manage your refunds directly on your myUB portal.
- Graduating or withdrawing: do not forget to do your Exit Counseling
The Office of Student Financial Services at the University of Bridgeport is committed to helping students navigate and understand the financial aid process and identify financial tools to help make a college education affordable. Paying for college is a partnership, and this partnership includes your family, the government, and the University of Bridgeport.
Our commitment is to help you navigate and understand the financial aid process and identify financial tools to help make a college education affordable. Paying for college is a partnership, and this partnership includes your family, the government, and the University of Bridgeport.
The Office of Student Financial Services would like to welcome you to the University of Bridgeport.
The Office of Student Financial Services at the University of Bridgeport is committed to helping you navigate and understand the financial aid process. We participate in a variety of federal, state, and institutional programs including grants, loans, and scholarships. Our Student Financial Services Counselors are ready to assist you with any questions you may have.
Admitted and Continuing Students
Submit a FAFSA as early as October 1 every year at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- February 15: Deadline for CT residents to qualify for state funding
- March 1: UB Priority deadline
|If you plan to attend college from||Submit this FAFSA||Submit the FAFSA between||Use income and tax information from|
|July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023||2022-23||October 1, 2021 - June 30, 2023||2020|
|July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024||2023-24||October 1, 2022 - June 30, 2024||2021|
|July 1, 2024 - June 30, 2025||2024-25||October 1, 2023 - June 30, 2025||2022|
Accepting Financial Aid (Registered Students Only)
Use WebAdvisor to streamline your Financial Aid process
In Financial Aid Self-Service:
- Once you are registered for classes, you can accept or decline your Financial Aid Awards in the “My Awards” section. Sign into your UB Portal, go to webadvisor for students, go to financial aid, financial aid self service, then click on "My Awards" to accept/decline your aid.
In the Financial Information section, View Account/Make Payments:
- Enroll in interest-free Payment Plans
- Sign up for Direct Deposit for Refunds under “Electronic Refunds” tab
- Provide Third Party Access (for parent or responsible adult) under “Authorized Users” tab
- Complete the Student Enrollment and Financial Responsibility Agreement Form