Paying Your Bill

Acceptable payment arrangements must be made two weeks prior to the starting classes each term (see Payment Policy). University of Bridgeport accepts payments by credit card, checking or savings accounts via the UB Portal. Cash payments must be made in person at the Student Financial Services Office. Students may choose to sign up for the UB interest-free payment plan. Payment plan enrollment can be completed via the UB Portal for a fee of $50 each semester. International payments may be made through Flywire at

Payment options


Credit card payments can be made online through the UB Portal. Once logged in, choose Billing and Payments in the My Profile section.

In person

Cash, check, money order and credit card payments are accepted in the Student Financial Services Office, located on the Garden Level in the Wahlstrom Library.

By phone

Call 203-576-4568 to make a credit card payment.

By mail

Make your check payable to University of Bridgeport with your Student ID number on it. Mail payments to:
University of Bridgeport
ATTN: Cashier
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604

International payments

Go to to make international payments to University of Bridgeport.

Monthly payment plans

Students and their families can make payments from their bank account or by credit card through the myUB portal. The interest-free payment plan option can help spread all or part of student’s tuition, food and housing, and fees over several equal monthly payments. Payment plan enrollment can be completed via the UB Portal for a fee of $50 each semester.

Fall plans

5 payments
Enroll no later than August 1
Payments due 1st of each month starting August 1

Spring plans

5 payments
Enroll no later than December 1
Payments due 15 of the month starting December 15

Financial aid recipients

Students who receive a Financial Aid award letter may deduct each certified award amount from their balance due. Lender fees should be deducted from each loan award. In these cases, students must contact Student Financial Service at 203‑576‑4568 for assistance in determining which action is necessary for the financial aid to be credited to their account. Please note work-study awards are not deducted from the amount due since the student will be eligible to earn up to this amount through student employment. Federal Regulations require the University to issue a paycheck directly to the student for hours worked.

Deferment of all or part of tuition

Direct billing
Students eligible for an external scholarship or for whom an employer pays their tuition may qualify for the direct billing option. Students are responsible for obtaining a Tuition Voucher from their sponsor for each registration period and to ensure that it is received either at the SFS Office by the tuition due date for each semester. Vouchers will only be accepted in lieu of payment as long as the sponsoring agent assumes responsibility for payment upon receiving an invoice from the University. Official transcripts will not be released until all financial obligations to the University have been satisfied.

Contact Student Financial Services

Financial Aid   Request More Information

Tuition and fees subject to change