- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or recognized international institution
- Please note: A master’s degree from a regionally accredited university is required for the 6th year program
- Cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (‘B’) or higher. Applicants whose cumulative GPA falls between 2.67 (‘B-’) and 3.0 (‘B’) will be considered for admission on a provisional basis.
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from each institution attended.
International transcripts must include an official course-by-course evaluation of all academic work from www.naces.org
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letters need to come from employers, professors or professional associates and must testify to your suitability as a prospective teacher.
- Personal statement
- In 350 words or more, detail the reasons you are interested in enrolling in the certification program of your choice, highlight relevant background experiences and address your overall professional goals in the teaching profession. Please discuss any activities, general or professional, that have influenced your decision to enter the teaching profession.
- Music certification applicants must submit a video or audio file in one of three ways:
- YouTube, Google Drive, or Dropbox link emailed to email@example.com
- CD or DVD sent through the mail
- Personal audition/interview with the Program Director
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- July 15 for the fall semester
- December 1 for the spring semester