UB Online Frequently Asked Questions
Undergraduate – The School of Professional Studies and UB Online (SPS) programs operate year-round. There are six start terms a year that run throughout the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Students tend to take 6 to 9 credits per semester; if a student maintains a GPA of 3.0 or higher they may take up to 12 credits per semester. Your completion date will depend on how many transfer credits you have and how many courses you wish to take per semester. Generally, each degree requires approximately 120 credits.
Graduate – Each program varies. Please contact your academic advisor for an approximate degree completion date.
Commencement Ceremony – Commencement will take place every spring semester. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.
All students must be registered for classes to receive a University of Bridgeport official identification card. The University of Bridgeport (UB) student identification card can be obtained from Campus Security.
Please refer to the Key to UB Student Handbook for information about Identidication Cards.
If you are planning to miss class, we advise that you reach out to your instructor. Then you and the instructor will discuss what next steps to take in order to make up for that absence.
Advisors are assigned to each student in alphabetical order by last name. Please visit Academic Advising for more information.
Plan and register or modify your schedule in Student Planning (current students only).
- In your internet browser, please navigate to: https://login.microsoftonline.com
- Sign-on with: ‘your username’@ad.bridgeport.edu and click Next
This should bring you back to the UB Single-Sign On page for Microsoft 365
*If you do not get to the UB Single-Sign On page and receive a message saying, “That Microsoft account doesn’t exist…” please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com.
Once you have reached the UB Single-Sign On page:
- Type in your UB username and Password and click Login.
- Click Yes to stay signed in.
- On the Office Welcome Page, click Install Office and choose Office 365 apps from the drop down menu.
- Click Run once the Set-Up File has downloaded. You will be prompted to allow Microsoft Office to install, click Yes and then wait for the download to begin. You will see the screen below while Microsoft Office 365 is downloading onto your computer. This may take a few minutes.
- Click Close and begin enjoying your Microsoft office apps*.
*You may be prompted to insert your UB name and Password the first time you log into a Microsoft Office App.
If you have any questions or difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Center for Career Developmentemail@example.com|
|Dean of Studentsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Information Technology - Help Deskemail@example.com|
|School of Professional Studiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Accessibility Servicesemail@example.com|
|Student Financial Services and Financial Aid (SFS)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Title IX Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Tutoring and Learning Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|