Perry arch in bridgeport

State Authorization & Accreditation

The University of Bridgeport is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). As an institutional member of NC-SARA, the University of Bridgeport is authorized to operate in all states that participate in NC-SARA.

For more information on NC-SARA, please visit For information on Connecticut-specific NC-SARA institutions (including the University of Bridgeport), please visit or contact the designated representative at the NC-SARA Connecticut State Portal Entity:

Emily Bjornberg
Senior Consultant
Office of Higher Education
450 Columbus Blvd.
Hartford, CT 06106


The University of Bridgeport seeks to resolve student* grievances, complaints and concerns (including those related to consumer protection) in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Any student, including those residing outside of the State of Connecticut while attending UB, who desires to resolve a grievance should follow the University’s Student Grievance Procedure found in Chapter 6 of the Key to UB. However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, any student except those located in Massachusetts and California, may contact the NC-SARA Connecticut State Portal Entity.

A student located in Massachusetts or California (which are not members of NC-SARA) should contact their appropriate state contact, as listed in the chart below.

As stated above, the appropriate location for a student to file an unresolved complaint (except those in Massachusetts or California) is with NC-SARA Connecticut State Portal Entity Contact. Notwithstanding, for convenience, a list for all NC-SARA state contacts is provided below, should a student wish to inquire with the particular state in which s/he is located.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
Delaware Mississippi South Dakota
District of Columbia Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming


*The Key to UB applies only to current UB students. However, for the purpose of NC-SARA student consumer complaints only, the Student Grievance Procedures applies to prospective and enrolled students.

The University of Bridgeport is accredited by:

New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE):
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100, Burlington, MA 01803-4514
Phone: (781) 425-7714