A Check-In Session is your first stop on campus when you arrive in Bridgeport. The session is where you will basically “Check-In” to the University of Bridgeport. It is also mandatory.
During your Check-In Session, you will complete many steps required to register for classes. The entire session generally lasts about 2 hours. You will:
- Verify/confirm your deposit payment(s)
- Meet with an International Admissions Counselor
- Submit any outstanding admissions materials, such as official TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT results, final transcripts/marksheets, graduation/degree certificates, etc. (if you have not previously submitted them)
- Receive important information about International Orientation and Registration
- Present your passport, visa, I-20/DS-2019 and other immigration forms to the International Student Services Office
- Take a short campus tour
- Submit your health forms to Health Services (if you have not already done so)
When should I Check-In?
After you arrive in the United States, please email the International Center for Students and Scholars at email@example.com with a copy of your acceptance letter, passport(s), Visa, I-94 (available at dhs.gov by clicking Get Most Recent I-94), Entry stamp (if available), I-20 (both page 1 and page 2 + page 1 signed by student in blue ink) or DS2019 (For transfers: provide all previous I-20s or DS2019s, EAD or change of status approval notice if applicable), and local U.S. address and local phone number. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for details to check-in on campus. (Important Notice: Please do NOT enter the country more than 30 days before the start date on your I-20.)
I’ve registered for my Check-In Session. What’s next?
Great! Your next steps involve coming to campus! Please be sure to make arrangements from the airport to campus. You may also visit this link to ensure you are prepared for Orientation, Welcome Week, and your first week of classes!