Academic Scholarships for International Students
The University of Bridgeport understands the importance of affordability when pursuing an education. UB offers special opportunities for incoming international students to receive academic scholarships to help them pay for their studies.
Academic Merit Scholarships are offered to international students to encourage academic excellence and student leadership and to continue UB’s tradition of enrolling a “Community of Scholars” from around the world. Scholarships are available to qualified undergraduate and graduate students.
The following financial resources are particularly helpful for UB’s international students:
- Fastweb is the premier online resource for paying and preparing for college.
- EduPass provides information for international students who are thinking about pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or professional education in the United States. It also contains material of interest to international students who are already in the United States. There is also some information for international students who are interested in studying in countries other than the US, but the focus is on higher education in the US.
- The Rowe Fund is the student loan program of the Organization of American States. It awards interest-free loans to qualified persons from Latin America and Caribbean OAS member countries to help finance graduate, postgraduate, and the final two years of undergraduate studies at accredited universities within the United States.
- International Financial Aid and College Scholarship Search (IEFA) is the premier resource for financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for US and international students wishing to study abroad. At this site, you will find the most comprehensive college scholarship search and grant listings plus international student loan programs and other information to promote study abroad.
- Credelia Financial Services Education Loan | Students applying for a loan from Credelia must be a resident of India. Students can apply online.
- Affordable Colleges Online is an online resource that provides information for international students researching universities who offer online courses.
Transfer Student Scholarships
Academic scholarships are available to transfer students seeking an associate or a bachelor degree. All awards are renewable yearly based on satisfactory academic achievement and good standing at the University of Bridgeport.
- Spring deadline: December 1
- Fall deadline: July 15
Transfer Academic scholarships are awarded up to $18,000 per academic year. No separate application form is required to be considered for these scholarships.