The University of Bridgeport School of Nursing offers an exciting opportunity for all those beginning or continuing their nursing education.
To support one of the most in-demand professions in America’s workforce today, the University of Bridgeport School of Nursing offers a preparatory Pre-Nursing curriculum and three approved BSN nursing tracks including Traditional BSN, Accelerated BSN and RN to BSN Online Degree Completion. For registered nurses who already hold a bachelor’s degree, UB’s MSN Online program is available to help advance their careers in leadership and education.
The vision of the School of Nursing is to prepare diverse and inclusive nurse leaders who display a commitment to clinical excellence, global healthcare, and lifelong learning.
The mission of the School of Nursing is to provide innovative, evidence-based healthcare education that prepares a professional nurse to provide person-centered care that incorporates professional values of caring, excellence, integrity, and diversity in the delivery of safe, quality healthcare and advancement of the profession within a global society.
The UBSN undertakes initiatives in a context marked by a commitment to the following core values of the caring, professional nurse:
- Caring. Caring is a concept central to professional nursing practice and encompasses the nurses’ empathy for, connection to, and being with the patient, as well as the ability to translate these affective characteristics into compassionate, sensitive, and patient-centered care.
- Excellence. Excellence reflects a commitment to continuous growth, improvement, and understanding. It is a culture where transformation is embraced and creative, bold, and original strategies are continually pursued for better patient care.
- Integrity. Acting in accordance with an appropriate code of ethics and accepted standards of practice. Integrity is evident when organizational principles of open communication, ethical decision-making, and humility are encouraged, expected and demonstrated consistently.
- Diversity. The culture of diversity embraces acceptance and respect for the differences among persons, ideas, values, and ethnicities, while affirming the uniqueness of each.
The UBSN mission is closely aligned with UB’s mission. UB’s essential service is the delivery of academic programs for students that focus on multiple programs and degrees, preparing “graduates for life and leadership in the increasingly interconnected world.” The UBSN program is career–oriented with a specific focus directed to the student practitioner who is preparing for the profession of nursing in healthcare.
On the University of Bridgeport campus, nursing students will join the pioneering study and clinical work of fellow healthcare students and faculty, building on the trailblazing history of UB’s wide array of reputable and established health science schools and institutes for true interdisciplinary study and current best practice. Here at UB, we understand the core values of caring, excellence, integrity, and diversity that epitomize the preparation of professional nurses today and over the ages. As such, our BSN programs were designed using the:
- The Essentials: Core Competencies for Professional Nursing Education (2021)
- The National League for Nursing (NLN) Competencies for graduates of baccalaureate nursing programs
- Quality & Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN)