Master in Secondary Education, MSEd Degree Program
If you are looking to teach students grades 7-12, we encourage you to explore our initial teacher certification program for secondary education. You can complete the MS in Secondary Education Degree program as either an intern or a traditional student, whichever works best with your busy lifestyle.
The University of Bridgeport offers a variety of Secondary Education degree program options to pursue:
- History and Social Studies
- Music (PK-12)
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, General Science and Physics)
- Remedial Reading and Remedial Language Arts, 1-12
Each will prepare students who have a strong content knowledge in these areas for successful teaching careers.
As a Master in Secondary Education, MSEd degree program candidate, you may take coursework at any of our two locations, Bridgeport or Waterbury; however, a few courses may only be offered in Bridgeport. *If you already have a master’s degree, you can complete the program at a Sixth Year Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) level. This program is offered at our main Bridgeport campus, as well as the Waterbury Center location.
Apply with Confidence
Sign up for a free TEACH Connecticut account to apply to our program like a pro. Features:
- Interactive application checklist to keep you on track.
- $100 fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
- 1-on-1 expert advice for any question along the way.
- How-to guides for eligibility, applications, testing and finances.