Elementary Education Master's Degree
The most popular certification program in the Graduate School of Education (GSE) offers the courses and classroom experience you need to successfully teach in elementary classrooms. As a student in the MS, Masters in Elementary Education program, you will gain extensive knowledge about teaching elementary subjects including literacy, mathematics, social studies, and science.
UB also gives you the opportunity to put these skills to work through our tuition-paid internship or hands-on field experience. We work with more than 60 districts throughout Connecticut and New York to provide you with practical experiences in a local school. This program is offered at our main Bridgeport campus, as well as the Waterbury Center location, so you can earn your elementary education masters degree in CT at the location closest to you.
Apply with Confidence
Sign up for a free TEACH Connecticut account to apply to our program like a pro. Features:
- Interactive application checklist to keep you on track.
- $100 fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
- 1-on-1 expert advice for any question along the way.
- How-to guides for eligibility, applications, testing and finances.
University of Bridgeport’s School of Education is excited to launch a new Computer Science cross-endorsement program!
UB will be one of the first schools in Connecticut to offer this teaching certification. Once you are enrolled in a master's teaching certification program, the Computer Science cross-endorsement can be achieved in one of two ways:
- Take and pass the Praxis II Computer Science exam (5651)
- Take 4 courses (12 credits) in Computer Science content.
The cross-endorsement certificate will match your initial licensure area of either grades K-6 or 7-12. The 12 credit program can be completed in as little as 3 semesters in person or online. The first two courses, CPSC 101 & CPEG 472, will be offered this summer term and these courses may be taken together.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity to expand your teaching credentials, please contact the Computer Science Cross-endorsement Coordinator, Sebert Brooks, at email@example.com.
Candidates will be prepared to:
- Plan lessons and units according to State and National guidelines
- Exhibit appropriate content knowledge of mathematics, language art, social studies and science commiserate with Praxis II Exam for elementary school teachers
- Demonstrate thorough background in concepts of reading and ability to teach reading and evaluate student performance in reading.
- Pass Praxis II exam for elementary school teachers
- Pass CT Reading Assessment exam
- Pass the edTPA performance assessment
- Exhibit High Leverage Teaching Practices
- Differentiate curriculum for various special needs students