About the M.S. in Elementary Education
The most popular certification program in the Graduate School of Education (GSE) offers the courses and classroom experience you need to successfully teach in elementary classrooms. As a student in the M.S., Masters in Elementary Education program, you will gain extensive knowledge about teaching elementary subjects including literacy, mathematics, social studies, and science.
UB also gives you the opportunity to put these skills to work through our tuition-paid internship or hands-on field experience. We work with more than 60 districts throughout Connecticut and New York to provide you with practical experiences in a local school. This program is offered at our main Bridgeport campus, as well as the Waterbury Center location.
The candidates will be prepared to:
- Plan lessons and units according to State guidelines
- Exhibit appropriate content knowledge of mathematics, language art, social studies and science commiserate with Praxis II Exam for elementary school teachers
- Demonstrate thorough background in concepts of reading and ability to teach reading and evaluate student performance in reading.
- Pass Praxis II exam for elementary school teachers
- Pass CT Reading Assessment exam
- Differentiate curriculum for various special needs students