- A valid Connecticut teaching certificate (or proof of eligibility);
- An appropriate regionally accredited master’s degree;
- At least two letters of recommendation from persons able to testify to suitability as a prospective teacher and the potential for graduate-level work;
- An essay demonstrating a command of the English language and setting out the reasons for wanting to enroll in the program and emphasizing experience relevant to teaching;
- A successful interview with the program director;
- Completion of at least 30 school months of successful classroom teaching experience.
- Official transcripts for each institution attended.
- International transcripts must include an official course-by-course evaluation of all academic work from www.naces.org
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letters need to come from employers or professional associates and must testify to your suitability as a prospective reading teacher and your potential for graduate study.
- Copy of your Connecticut teaching certificate
- Proof of 30 months of teaching
- Your employer should provide documentation on letterhead with a current date.
- Personal statement
- In 350 words or more, detail the reasons you are interested in enrolling in the program, highlight relevant background experiences and address your overall professional goals in the profession.
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- April 15 for priority consideration; July 15 (final deadline) for the fall semester
- October 15 for priority consideration; December 1 (final deadline) for the spring semester