Scholarship Opportunities for International Students
The University of Bridgeport understands the importance of affordability when pursuing an education. UB offers special opportunities for incoming international students to receive academic scholarships to help them pay for their studies.
General Academic Scholarships
- Partial scholarship awarded by the University of Bridgeport
- Awarded to incoming undergraduate international students based upon academic merit
- No separate application required
Academic scholarships are available to first year applicants seeking an associate or a bachelor degree. All awards are renewable yearly based on satisfactory academic achievement and good standing at the University of Bridgeport. All incoming undergraduate international students are automatically considered for these scholarship awards once all application materials have been received.
Academic scholarships range from $5,000 to $20,000 per academic year, and are based on academic excellence and English proficiency. No separate application form is required to be considered for these scholarships.
|Scholarships||Amount per Year|
|Dean's Achievement Scholarship||$10,000|
|Academic Achievement Grant||$5,000|
Undergraduate transfer students who have earned 12 or more credits at another college or university are eligible for academic scholarships as well. These scholarships range between $10,000 and $18,000 and are based on your previous performance in higher education.
Note: Students who receive partial scholarships are required to pay the remaining costs, not covered by their scholarships, upon their arrival to the University of Bridgeport.
**International undergraduate students who wish to apply for an athletic scholarship must take the SAT Examination. The Department of Athletics at the University of Bridgeport offers athletic grants (scholarships) to those individuals who demonstrate superior athletic abilities and meet the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and University of Bridgeport regulations for eligibility. Prospective international undergraduate students can obtain further information about the athletics department and the athletic grants by emailing the appropriate coaches.
Scholarship Opportunities for International Graduate Students
We are very pleased to announce that the University of Bridgeport offers an international graduate scholarship program for incoming international graduate students. There are three amounts awarded:
These awards are based on the student’s academic achievement and test scores.
The details are as follows:
- All graduate programs in the Trefz School of Business, all graduate programs in the School of Public and International Affairs, and all graduate programs in our School of Engineering are eligible for this award.
- All applicants will automatically be considered for a scholarship when they send in the University of Bridgeport international application and all admissions materials. No additional form is needed.
- The scholarship will be for the international student’s first year of study, split equally between the first two semesters.
- All graduate students with a scholarship must take 9 credits per semester.
You will find that the University of Bridgeport is one of the few universities in the United States with a combination of quality academic programs and affordable cost.
Visit our Tuition and Fees section to see how this award would impact your overall cost. If you would like us to send you more information about UB, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.