The Music Business concentration is a combination of professional music study and courses tailored by advisement to the student’s strengths, interests, and career plans.
Due to the great diversity found within the music industry, exact coursework will differ from student to student.
In addition to Music & Performing Arts, appropriate coursework may be taken in UB’s Ernest C. Trefz School of Business, Shintaro Akatsu School of Design, or School of Engineering, as well as the Mass Communication program. This concentration is designed to help musicians become entrepreneurial professionals ready to succeed in today’s marketplace. Qualified candidates who complete this concentration are competitive candidates for admission to MBA programs at UB and elsewhere.
- Private lessons on the major instrument in each subsequent semester of residence.
- Performing in one or more ensembles in each subsequent semester of residence
- MUSC 138: Intermediate Digital Recording
- MUSC 208A–B: Jazz Improvisation & Repertoire I & II
- MUSC 213 & 314: Songwriting I & II
- MUSC 414: The Business of Music
- THA 115: Stagecraft I
- THA 120: Stagecraft II