Courses, workshops, and personal enrichment programs begin in May. Discover the wide variety of undergraduate, graduate and professional development courses and seminars that accelerate your progress toward a degree or certification. Choose weekend, evening, day, or online classes.
You may enroll in the UB Summer Session if you are:
- A new student and want to enrich your life or advance your career
- An undergraduate student wanting to advance your academic standing at UB
- A graduate student seeking continuing education and research
- A visiting student seeking to gain credits toward a degree at another college
- A teacher who needs to earn credit toward renewal of a teaching certificate or receive an advanced degree in education
- A person in a professional field who wishes to advance your knowledge and skills.
Graduate summer sessions are scheduled according to individual programs so please refer to the Graduate Programs in the academic catalog.
Non-UB students must apply for Summer Session courses by submitting a Nondegree Student Enrollment Form. Please indicate on the Application the course(s) you wish to enroll in. Following submission of the Application, you will be notified and given instructions on each course.
Courses offered in the Summer Schedule are accessible through an online database.
Follow the guidelines below:
- To register for a course please visit Webadvisor
- Enter the Database by Selecting “Students”
- Under Registration, select “Search for Sections”
- In the Term drop-down menu, select “Summer 2018”
- In the Subject drop-down menu select the course of study
- In the Location drop-down menu select the location, then
- Scroll to the bottom and click on “Submit”
More information on program-related Summer Session Course Schedules can be found through the individual programs.
For an enjoyable activity with lifelong benefits, we recommend one of our reading skills programs designed and taught by instructors from the Institute of Reading Development. Programs are offered as a community service by the University of Bridgeport, School of Professional Studies, a non-profit organization.
For information or to enroll online, please select an age group below:
- 4-Year-Olds and Entering Kindergartners
- Entering 1st Graders
- Entering 2nd Graders
- Entering 3rd Graders
- Entering 4th Graders
- Entering 5th Graders
- Entering 6th-8th Graders
- Entering 9th-11th Graders
- Entering 12th Graders, College Students and Adults
To speak with a program coordinator or to enroll by phone: Call (800) 964-8888, 8 a.m.- 10 p.m. Monday- Friday, 8 a.m.- 7 p.m. Saturday, or 10 a.m.- 6 p.m Sunday.
The summer reading programs are available in Bridgeport, Middletown, Stamford, Waterbury and West Haven.