Mission and Vision
To educate chiropractic students to be successful providers of highly-competent, patient-centered care by utilizing best practice educational methodologies, engaging in relevant scholarly activities, and providing effective service to our University, College, and local communities.
To graduate future chiropractic physicians capable of providing excellent evidence-influenced, patient-centered, and coordinated health care.
- Diversity & Respect
- Collaboration & Excellence
- Integrity & Success
- Innovation & Scholarship
- Health and Well-being
The UBSC model of health care emphasizes:
- The body is an integrated unit that has intrinsic, self-regulating healing mechanisms
- Structure and function are interrelated
- The neuro-musculoskeletal systems can affect the function of other body systems, and, in turn, be affected by these systems
- A management plan formulated from an appropriate diagnosis that includes measurable goals to reduce/eliminate pain, restore function, and decrease future re-occurrence
- Health promotion, health care provider collaboration, and a multidisciplinary approach to care
- Excellent communication between patient and provider and with other health care providers
- A patient-centered, holistic biopsychosocial model that combines the best available evidence, the clinical expertise of the practitioner, and the needs/desires of the patient