Business Analytics and Intelligence Degree
The Bachelor of Science degree program in Business Analytics and Intelligence provides course work from the School of Business with a special emphasis in the application of data analytics to business problems. Course offerings emphasize those analytic and critical thinking skills presently needed by business professionals. With the constant development of new technologies, there is a need to efficiently collect and store vast amounts of digital data.
Students in this program will acquire a set of practical data analytic skills. Additionally, students will develop the necessary skills to extract, analyze, organize and present data in a manner that is useful for organizational decision making. The Business Analytics degree program will require students to develop a high level of quantitative and technological skills. It utilizes the courses from the undergraduate business core, existing courses from the School of Business, and specialized courses in the area of Business Analytics and Intelligence.
- Effectively evaluate and frame the business problem and acquire knowledge and skills of statistical tools available to analyze business problems such as the Business Intelligence Concepts of Online Analytical Processing and Data Mining.
- Utilize critical thinking strategies to evaluate problems, and solutions and make recommendations based on client needs utilizing appropriate analytical tools.
- Demonstrate effective information literacy and communication with valid and reliable research as it relates to the field of Business Analytics and Intelligence.
- Apply the ethical standards as required by professionals in the Business Analytics and Intelligence field.
* The B.S degree in Business Analytics and Intelligence does not have ACBSP accreditation.