Learning Outcomes and Careers
Upon conclusion of the RN to BSN completion program, you will be able to:
- Synthesize knowledge from a liberal education in communication, human experience, scientific literacy, analysis, and global society
- Communicate using an ongoing interactive process that builds therapeutic interpersonal and inter-professional relationships for an increasingly interconnected healthcare environment
- Apply the nursing process to provide patient-centered, evidence-based, clinically competent, contemporary professional nursing care.
- Apply critical thinking skills to support excellence in nursing practice and to provide comprehensive, compassionate, evidence-based nursing care across the life span
- Promote healthy lifestyles through health education, health promotion strategies and population-focused interventions
- Comprehend system-based practice and its impact on safe, quality patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice
- Apply leadership and management skills in the provision of safe, quality and cost-effective care in the continuum of healthcare environments
- Exercise innovative inquiry in the use of information and patient care technology with knowledge based on research for the improvement in patient outcomes
- Practice within the values, ethics, and legal standards of professional nursing
The RN to BSN completion program is designed for registered nurses who are looking to advance their careers and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, an essential credential for those looking to enter the professional role of nursing leadership.
The curriculum is designed to integrate a foundation in the liberal arts and nursing courses that expand the knowledge base of basic nursing practice beyond the original nursing associate degree or diploma program. The curriculum provides the opportunity for professional growth and development in evidence-based practice, health assessment, quality, leadership, safety, informatics, professional seminars and community health.
The RN to BSN completion program at the University is also a great foundation for advanced nursing education.
UB's Center for Career Development helps graduates prepare for entrance into the workforce. Our comprehensive career counseling and resource center is dedicated to helping you become an active participant in your own academic, professional, and career development.
Services provided include basics like resume and cover letter building, interview preparation, negotiation, goal assessment, and personal branding.