Learning Outcomes and Careers
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene online degree program, you will:
- Communicate effectively through written, oral, and electronic means
- Apply scientific inquiry to foster critical thinking and reflective reasoning in all initiatives
- Participate in domestic and global collaborative efforts that allow for expanded and/or alternative career opportunities
- Develop, lead, and manage programs and strategies responsive to the diverse cultural and ethnic values and traditions of the communities served
- Instill the desire to pursue graduate-level education
You will be equipped to demonstrate professionalism, ethical behavior, evidenced-based decision making, competent client care, health promotion, and disease prevention.
A career in dental hygiene offers multiple employment opportunities in a variety of settings. The American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) acknowledges that completion of a bachelor’s degree enhances the hygienist’s ability to succeed in the following fields:
- Public Health Dental Hygiene
Our bachelor degree-completion program prepares you to advance your career options even further through studies in UB’s Master of Science in Dental Hygiene degree program. Additionally, UB offers continuing education opportunities for dental hygienists seeking to maintain continuing education credits for licensure and skill enhancement in your chosen career.
UB's Center for Career Development helps graduates prepare for entrance into the workforce. Our comprehensive career counseling and resource center is dedicated to helping you become an active participant in your own academic, professional, and career development. Services provided include basics like resume and cover letter building, interview preparation, negotiation, goal assessment, and personal branding.