Register and Request Accommodations

While students can register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) at any time and request accommodations, newly admitted students who are requesting accommodations are encouraged to register with SAS as early as possible after confirming enrollment.

How Do Students Register and Request Accommodations?

Students requesting reasonable accommodations for the first time during their enrollment at University of Bridgeport start with step one. If you are renewing accommodations you already have, skip to step three.

  1. Complete the Registration Request for Reasonable Accommodations & Academic Adjustments
  2. Please have the treatment provider(s) send all the testing records and treatment summary, including specific diagnoses and how specifically these diagnoses affect your ability to function academically or otherwise. Specific academic accommodations must be recommended by the provider based on this information. This information cannot be more than 3 years old.
  3. Request for Accommodations Renewal - to be filled out every new semester to keep your accommodations
  4. An accommodations letter will be provided to professors on or prior to the first day of class.
  5. Each professor must sign the letter and you must return it to Student Accessibility Services (SAS).

Confidentiality Statement

Student Accessibility Services (SAS) is responsible for receiving and maintaining disability-related documentation and information for students with disabilities at the University of Bridgeport. All documentation in the student’s file is treated confidentially and will not be released to anyone not involved in the accommodation and service-delivery process with the following exceptions: (a) the student gives SAS a signed release to share disability-related information with the person(s) or office(s) named on the release; (b) SAS will release disability-related information as required and/or permitted by the law and/or a court order; (c) the student threatens to harm themselves or others (d) the student files a disability-related complaint, appeal, grievance, or lawsuit against any University office or employee(s). When a student with a disability requests accommodations, they understand that some disability-related information may be provided on a need-to-know basis to University faculty and staff to help insure that the student receives appropriate accommodations. Otherwise, College faculty and staff need to know only (1) that the student has been through the disability documentation review process; and (2) what accommodations have been approved by SAS to meet the student’s disability-related needs.

Contact Student Accessibility Services

Maureen Fox, Manager
Carstensen Hall, Room 103
174 University Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604

Request More Information