Advice for Parents of High School Seniors Choosing a College
When choosing a college, you want to find a college that meets your teen’s needs and goals. Remember that your child’s academic interests are likely to change slightly, or maybe even entirely, over the time they are at college.
During your search, look for schools that offer diverse programs and areas of study and encourage your student to consider their areas of interest while still in the college research phase.
University of Bridgeport offers over 80 career-focused majors in our three colleges:
- College of Engineering, Business, and Education
- College of Science and Society
- College of Health Sciences
UB’s Career Counseling and Resource Center will help your student assess their interests, research career options, and gain the skills they need to have a positive academic experience that leads to a rewarding career.
Visiting Colleges: In-person Tours and Virtual Campus Tours
Visiting colleges is an important and exciting part of the college search process. Many post-secondary schools offer alternatives to in-person campus visits, including virtual tours and videos of campus activities. Exploring these digital resources of your student’s list of schools can help narrow your choices for schools to visit in person.
We understand your child’s junior and senior years are busy. We have many ways for you and your child to get to know UB:
- Open Houses - available in person in the fall and spring semesters.
- Online Webinars - offered for academic programs throughout the year.
- Virtual Info Sessions - log in from anywhere!
- Campus Tours - daily during the week and offered on select weekends.
- Program Specific Tours - you and your child can tour our state-of-the-art health sciences facilities and more!