The Honors Program at University of Bridgeport provides a dynamic, challenging, and supportive environment for highly motivated students. Students will emerge confident, professional, and prepared for wherever their paths may lead.
Eligibility & Requirements
The Honors Program is designed for students of exceptional academic achievement.
- New Students : Cumulative High School GPA of 3.5 or higher. Eligible new students are invited to join the Honors Program after depositing.
- Transfer Students : Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher at previous institution. Student must be transferring in less than 60 credits.
- Current UB students : Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. Current students must apply before completion of 60 credits.
- Completion of at least five courses with Honors designation. Consult the Course Catalog or your dean for more information on these courses.
- An Honors Thesis (optional, but strongly recommended).
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. In addition, students must earn at minimum a “B” in an Honors designated course in order for that course to be counted toward the Honors Program requirements.
University of Bridgeport honors students receive benefits and experiences that enhance their college journey. The Honors Program is built around four core areas, Community Building, Personal & Professional Development, Service and Cultural Exploration. Aside from exciting events, honors students receive early course registration, access to an Honors Lounge, and recognition upon graduation.