Financial Aid Information for All Students

Students should file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after December 1 as possible, but before March 1 to ensure access to all aid programs. Our Federal School Code is 001416.

  • All returning students: access award letters online by going to web advisor.
  • New way to manage your refunds directly on your myUB portal.
  • Graduating or withdrawing: do not forget to do your exit counseling

Exit counseling

Exit counseling is a process that must be completed by undergraduate and graduate students. The requirements for completing an exit interview are graduation, withdrawal, or if you drop below half-time attendance. The counseling session provides information about how to manage your student loans after college.

NOTE: if you received both types of loans you MUST do both exits. The University may hold your transcripts and/or degree until we have received notification of your completed exit(s).

The Income-based repayment calculator estimates your monthly payment amount under the income-based repayment plan for Federal Stafford (subsidized and unsubsidized), Grad PLUS, and Consolidation Loans which do not include any Parent PLUS loans.

Loan consolidation

Loan consolidation allows you to refinance any or all eligible outstanding federal student loans and create a single new loan with one monthly payment. The combining of existing loans into one new loan can result in lower monthly payments but higher total debt. The new loan will have a fixed interest rate, new terms, and may have an extended repayment period of up to 30 years.

Frequently asked questions

Contact Student Financial Services

Financial Aid   Request More Information