English and Professional Writing Learning Outcomes
Graduates of University of Bridgeport’s English and Professional Writing program will be able to:
- Write clearly and effectively in a variety of forms, adapting writing and analytical skills to all rhetorical situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to read critically, research effectively, and document sources ethically.
- Adapt creativity, critical thinking, and speaking skills to communicate effectively in professional environments.
- Read and analyze writing from a variety of genres produced in many diverse cultures and historical periods and apply this analysis to education and the development of content.
- Appreciate and effectively communicate the value of storytelling and creative expression as sources of practical wisdom, aesthetic pleasure, and knowledge of the diversity of human experience.