The following summarize the general requirements for successfully achieving the program requirements:
- Successful completion of preliminary examinations and courses
- Satisfactory performance in written comprehensive and oral examinations
- Admission to Ph.D. candidacy
- Successful completion and defense of original work documented as a dissertation
- Satisfaction of additional requirements such as teaching and seminars
The formal degree offered is the “Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science and Engineering.” This will be awarded to candidates who complete all the requirements of the Ph.D. degree.