Virtual Student Services
UB Career Development provides many of our regular services, including career coaching appointments, virtually.
Virtual Career Coaching Appointments
Book a one-on-one Career Coaching appointment to discuss topics such as resumes, job search strategies, internships, interviews, and more. When scheduling your appointment, you have the option to connect by phone or video conference. For resume and cover letter appointments, ahead of the meeting, you can upload your documents in your ConexED meeting invitation for review during your appointment.
Virtual Office Hours
Drop-in to virtual office hours with a career coach using ConexED. We have virtual office hours five days a week; however, the time varies.
We offer multiple resources to help you explore career opportunities. Here are our favorite resources to help you discover career paths, learn about internship positions, and find full-time jobs.
- Activate your free FOCUS 2 account to compare majors offered at UB and beyond, explore hundreds of occupations, including salaries and common skills and knowledge of occupation, to make informed career decisions
- Visit What Can I Do With This Major? Whether you’re exploring majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this website will help you connect majors to careers. Learn about typical career areas and types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
- Review UB Career Development’s Job and Internship Search for resources and strategies to conduct a comprehensive job geared toward your career field.
Have a quick question? Want to run an idea by us? Stop by our Zoom Room. Feel free to ask questions, share thoughts or experiences, or request Career Development tips or best practices. We've got you covered.
One Question Career Development Trivia
Each week day around 10a we post on our Instagram account one Career Development trivia question. This single question quiz is on a variety of career development topics and is a great place to pick up career and internship tips.
We will regularly post career development-related articles, current jobs and internship opportunities, resources, advice, other helpful tidbits our social media channels. Join the conversation!
- Instagram: @ub_careerdevelopment
- Twitter: @UB_CareerCenter
- Facebook: UB Career Development
- LinkedIn: UB Career Services
Boost Your Skills
Now is the perfect time to strengthen your skill set and qualifications. Review job descriptions by noting each required skill and experience. Do you have the full skill set? Are you missing some of the desired skills and qualifications?
There is a wealth of free online courses. We have curated several of our favorite resources to help you bolster your skills: MOOCs(Massive Open Online Courses), EdX classes(featuring free courses from MIT and Harvard), free Microsoft training and tutorials, and LinkedIn has a free 16 ccourse module for working from home. Check out the “Executive Presence on Video Conference Calls” course. Find more sites that offer online courses here.