Commuter Student Support
We are here to help the University of Bridgeport be your home away from home!
More than half of all students at University of Bridgeport commute. The Division of Student Affairs provides resources and support for commuter students to ensure that you feel fully integrated into the UB community.
The Center for Student Involvement is committed to creating a vibrant and holistic experience for students who do not live on campus through support, advocacy, programming, resources, and outreach. We aim to provide the tools off-campus and commuter students need to be successful both inside and outside of the classroom.
Find the most up-to-date information about Commuter Students at UB on our Knight Life page.
Commuter Assistant Program
The Commuter Assistant Program is designed to pair first-year and transfer students with an experienced student leader to assist with their transition to UB. Through campus-wide events, informal meet ups, and one-on-one support, the Commuter Assistants will work to ensure all off-campus and commuter students are successful here at UB.
Commuter Assistants are automatically assigned to new commuter students once enrolled in classes.
Goals of the Commuter Assistant Program include:
- Enhancing the connection new commuter students have to the campus community.
- Increasing knowledge and usage of campus resources for commuter students.
- Creating community among commuter students on campus.
- 2.75+ cumulative GPA
- Personal commuter experience
- Juniors and Seniors *preferred*
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Comfort with public speaking and presentations
- Knowledge of campus life, activities, and resources
- Work Study preferred, but not required
- Volunteer basis
- Act in a professional manner
- Remain sensitive to student needs and barriers
- Keep all information on students you work with confidential
- Plan ahead, and be on time
- 5-10 hours per week, flexible
- 3 open office hours each week required