The University of Bridgeport's accelerated online program in Educational Leadership allows you to earn your doctoral degree with a specialization in International Education in as little as three years.
- 62 Credits ( or a 42 Credit option if you have completed a sixth-year post master's work )
- 2 One-week Residencies
- 3 Years to complete
- 12 Specialization Credits
The Online Doctoral Program in Education Leadership (Ed.D.) at the University of Bridgeport is a distinct program that offers you an expedited and convenient way of pursuing an Ed.D. degree with a specialization in International Education. The program is designed to enhance the effectiveness and enlarge the perspective of public and private organization leaders, policy makers, and researchers. The advanced graduate curriculum integrates the sound principles of administration, management, organizational psychology, law, program evaluation, international education, and research methodologies. The successful completion of the program leads to the Doctor of Education degree (Ed.D.).
As a student, you will complete coursework in international education including topics such as:
- International Education Concepts & Theories
- Ethical Issues in International Education
- Comparative Education
- Culture, Society, and Education in International Contexts
Upon graduation from the Educational Leadership distance learning program, you will be able to:
- Exhibit the mastery of principles of educational leadership while infusing cross-cultural, global issues into organizations and classrooms
- Integrate principles of administration, management, organization, and program evaluation in a research agenda
- Research, write, and defend a doctoral dissertation