About the Educational Administration & Supervision Sixth Year Certificate
The University of Bridgeport offers a well-respected Educational Administration and Supervision Program preparing for certification as an intermediate administrator (092) in the state of Connecticut.
The Educational Administration and Supervision Certification Program is designed to provide practical preparation for administrative positions in schools up to, and including, the assistant superintendent position. All state of Connecticut requirements for Administrative certification are met by completion of this program. The Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) Standards comprise the basis of all course work.
The candidates will be able to:
- Evaluate school effectiveness according to State criteria.
- Monitor curriculum development for schools K-12.
- Understand basic principles of school’s administration as determined by the Connecticut Administrators Test (CAT) – Praxis 6412.
- Create school environments suitable to the needs of students with exceptionalities.
- Pass Connecticut Administrators Test (CAT) – Praxis 6412.
Each class meets one evening a week for two hours. Students are able to take two classes per evening. There is an accelerated schedule for summer courses. Education Leadership Faculty are experienced school administrators who bring to the classroom a combination of leadership experience and scholarship/research.
Sixth Year Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS)
Students may take additional required courses leading to a Sixth Year Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Educational Administration and Supervision.