Online Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Accelerate your path to a business degree! Designed specifically for adult learners, our flexible, career-oriented online bachelor’s degree in business administration program prepares you for the workforce by focusing on the skills employers demand including critical thinking, problem-solving, leadership, communications and management.
The bachelor’s in Business Administration online degree is an accelerated program that provides a broad application of business knowledge while allowing the student to fulfill both their personal and professional goals. The program is structured so that students can study a variety of topics including accounting, finance, project management, leadership, marketing, sales, and human resource management.
Benefits of University of Bridgeport’s Business Administration online degree
- Courses taught by faculty with significant business and industry experience
- Practical technical skills development necessary to success in business
- Maximum flexibility to fulfill a student’s personal and professional goals
- A 7-week accelerated semester format
The BS in Business Administration concentration will prepare graduates to:
- Acquire general business knowledge and acumen
- Develop practical technical skills necessary for pursuing a career in business
- Learn how to effectively communicate with others
- Understand the role of business in the larger society
The Healthcare Administration concentration of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration accelerated online degree will help students manage the business side of healthcare. The program explores the different ways healthcare is delivered and managed that include regulatory, technological, financial and administrative factors in the context of a rapid-changing healthcare industry.
The Healthcare Administration track will prepare graduates to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the fundamental and technical concepts of health care management and apply it to decision-making in managing within healthcare organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the core disciplines of healthcare administration: healthcare organization and structure, healthcare finance, healthcare policy, and/or public health to enhance decision-making in managing the healthcare organizations.
- Use contemporary federal and state health-policies to analyze various healthcare issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the primary ethical values underlying the healthcare institutions and delivery (i.e., respect for persons, beneficence, and justice, in managerial decision-making).
- Apply basic statistical, quantitative, and economic concepts and tools to support analysis and decision-making.
Healthcare Administration program requirements (18 credits) includes courses:
- HSCI 250 Introduction to Community and Public Health
- HLAD 333 Management of Health Care Information Systems
- HLAD 331 Law and Ethics in Health Care
- HLAD 334 Health Care Financial Management
- HLAD 332 Health Care Organization & Administration
- HLAD 335 Health Care Strategic Management
Bachelor’s of Business Administration classes will be offered in a format that will enable a student to complete the bachelor’s degree in three years by taking courses during the summer. Required liberal arts and free elective courses that count toward your degree are offered in the summer.