With the University's Centennial Celebration approaching, we take note of its long and storied history, including an impressive list of achievements categorized as being the first, the best, and the only.
- First in the world: Fones School of Dental Hygiene (1913).
- The School of Nursing launched the first BSN program in Connecticut.
- Partnered with the Peace Corps to offer New England’s first Peace Corps Preparatory Program (2014).
- UB’s master’s degree in Nutrition is the first and most in-depth program in the nation (1977).
- The first & only PhD program in Technology Management in the Northeast.
- STEM on Wheels is the first STEM bus in Connecticut.
- The first PhD in Computer Science and Engineering in the Northeast.
- Home to the first ABET-accredited Computer Engineering program in Connecticut.
- First High Tech Incubator in Fairfield County.
- The first Education Leadership Doctoral Program (EdD) in Connecticut (1980).
- The first university-based chiropractic program in the nation (1991).