The Honors Program at University of Bridgeport provides a dynamic, challenging, and supportive environment for highly motivated students. Students will emerge confident, professional, and prepared for wherever their paths may lead.
Eligibility & Requirements
The Honors Program is designed for students of exceptional academic achievement.
- New Students : Cumulative High School GPA of 3.5 or higher. Eligible new students are invited to join the Honors Program after depositing.
- Transfer Students : Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher at previous institution. Student must be transferring in less than 60 credits.
- Current UB students : Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. Current students must apply before completion of 60 credits.
- Completion of at least five courses with Honors designation. Consult the Course Catalog or your dean for more information on these courses.
- An Honors Thesis (optional, but strongly recommended).
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. In addition, students must earn at minimum a “B” in an Honors designated course in order for that course to be counted toward the Honors Program requirements.