Ride the Wave: An Introduction to Soft Tissue Laser Use in Dental Hygiene
This course will provide an overview of laser principles, application, and safety through didactic and hands-on practice. Participants will have the opportunity to work with a variety of diode lasers, specific to dental hygiene application, on pig jaws and live patients with guided supervision. At the conclusion of this course, hygienists will have the confidence and knowledge to apply laser use in the private practice setting. In order to provide personalized instruction, class size is limited to the first 15 registrants.
This activity is approved for 5 CEs.
- Current dental hygiene/dental license
- Current malpractice insurance
- Explain basic laser principles
- Appreciate laser history and their use in dentistry
- Recognize laser safety
- Demonstrate diode soft tissue laser applications
- Recognize treatment planning and practice implementation
- Apply diode laser principles in hands-on setting on live patient
Course Presenters and Instructors