The mission of the human nutrition program is to prepare graduates to excel as professionals in the healthcare industry, delivering nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy (MNT) by integrating an evidence-based functional approach with biochemical and physiological scientific knowledge to generate nutrition and lifestyle interventions that will promote optimal health of each individual.
- UB has the most established master’s in Nutrition program in the USA (since 1977).
- We teach clinical nutrition from a functional medicine paradigm, providing personalized, clinically effective, and evidence-based strategies for nutrition practice.
- Many faculty members and administrators are practicing clinicians in functional medicine and nutrition with decades of experience.
- We feature a unique capstone course, Virtual Clinic, which is the first online clinic experience offered to graduate students in the field. This provides real case study and clinical management experience and is taught by several different experienced clinicians over a semester.
- The Virtual Clinic is eligible for 200-255 hours of supervised experience credit towards the Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) credential awarded by the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists.* UB leads the way in providing this experience to students.
- Our program offers maximum flexibility to complete the program entirely online. The program is perfectly suited for working professionals or those seeking a career change.
* Variation is based on students’ state of residence.
See what our students and alumni have to say about UB’s Nutrition program.