Dental Hygiene Career Outcomes
Dental hygienists can perform their job duties in several environments such as dental offices, clinics and hospitals. For those who wish to pursue a career path outside of seeing patients, positions are available in education, research, administration, public health, and corporate business.
Internship opportunities available to UB students
Obtaining an internship allows you to apply your studies in a professional setting that aligns best with your goals. Under the guidance of your course instructor, you will select a field site in an alternative practice setting (not private practice). With the help of the site’s primary mentor, you will set goals and objectives that allow you to become an integral member of the organization and provide you with 50 hours of direct observation, participation, and supervised teaching or fieldwork.
- Centrix Dental, Inc., Shelton, CT
- Community Health Centers, CT
- Fones School of Dental Hygiene
- Middlesex County College, Edison, NJ
- North Hampton Community College, Bethlehem, PA
- Norwalk Hospital Dental Clinic, Norwalk, CT
- Open Door Family Medical Center, Ossining, NY
- Porter and Chester Institute, CT
- Stratford, CT Health Department
Career Services at UB
Career Development connects you with career opportunities. Our knowledgeable and skilled career counselors are available to meet with you on a one-on-one basis to assist with resume writing, internship search, job hunting for post-graduation opportunities, and anything else that will help you to land your dream job.