Analytics Career Opportunities
If your career goals include “bridging” between technology, data and business leadership, mastering data and information, and applying the resulting insights for positive business benefit, then the Master of Science in Analytics is your perfect degree.
Upon completion of this program, you will be effective at interpreting trends in complex, often poor quality data and translating it for business leadership to facilitate action for positive results. In addition, you will emerge with the context necessary to manage the delivery of intricate, highly visible information systems required to support business needs.
We will prepare you to hit the ground running in any data-driven industry—from politics and sports, to finance and health care, and more.
Keys to Completing the Analytics MS Degree Program
To fulfill the requirements of this program, you will need to successfully complete the required 30-credits of coursework, including a thesis or internship. You must satisfactorily complete all academic requirements with a cumulative grade point average grade of “B” (CGPA = 3.0) or better.
Evaluation of your progress will be based on the following:
- Research papers integrating market trends with class topics
- Exams measuring the effective acquisition of technical acumen
- “Hands-on” tools and calculation assignments and projects
- Student attendance and class participation
- A thesis that demonstrates the ability to conduct investigations in the analytics discipline
Preparation for Future Studies and Certification Opportunities
Set Yourself Apart with a SAS Certificate
Our academic collaboration with SAS empowers Analytics MS degree program students to take advantage of discounts on industry standard SAS certification and access test banks SAS provides to collaborating institutions. For more information visit the SAS Global Certification program.
Pursue Your MBA
University of Bridgeport’s Ernest C. Trefz School of Business offers graduate degrees in which you may continue or concurrently expand upon your business education.
- Analytics Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Business Intelligence Project and Program Manager
- Business Intelligence System Administrator
- Business Systems Analyst
- Competitive Intelligence Manager
- Consulting Delivery Manager
- Dashboard Developer
- Data Analyst
- Data Mining Analyst
- Data Profiler
- Data Warehouse Designer
- Database Analyst
- Digital Product Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Healthcare Analyst
- Information Systems Manager
- Information Technology Business Analyst
- Information Technology Manager
- Market Analyst
- Marketing Analytics Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Leader
- Report Developer
- Retail Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Risk Manager
- Solutions Architect
- Systems Analyst