Bachelor, BS in Finance Degree Program
The UB Bachelor of Science degree program in Finance provides an integrated view of the theoretical and practical aspects of finance for those who are preparing for careers in financial management, financial institutions, financial markets, law, government service, and related fields.
Essential skills in problem-solving are developed with an emphasis on wealth maximization. Financial problems are viewed from both their micro-financial and macro-financial aspects.
The Finance major includes the subject areas of corporate financial management, banking, and investments. The program provides an integrated view of the theoretical and practical aspects of Finance for those who are preparing for careers in financial management, financial institutions, financial markets, law, government service, and related fields.
- Students will have a solid theoretical framework and knowledge of all core business disciplines including financial management.
- Students will have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Students will have the analytical ability to develop and utilize accounting data, financial data, and other information to solve complex and unstructured business problems.
- Students will be critical thinkers and problem solvers, with the ability to find evidence and viewpoints for finance-related issues and make rational assumptions, identify implications, and formulate conclusions.
- Students will understand the impact and the opportunities offered by information technology in finance-related disciplines and develop effective technology-use skills.
- Students will have a deep understanding of concepts in finance and be comfortable using these concepts in practical applications.
- Students will be aware of the ethical dimensions in the discipline of finance and will develop a personal ethical decision-making framework.